Wednesday, November 30, 2005

American Express Company

After a lengthy and arduous decision-making process (I'm not big on change), I have decided to leave Exelon Corporation to become the director of government affairs for American Express Company. My responsibilities will be similar; I will manage AmEx's political involvement programs. I am not sure of the exact date of departure from Exelon and AmEx start date as I have offered to stay at Exelon until the end of January 2006 to ensure a smooth transition.

UPDATE: My list day in the office at Exelon will be January 31, 2006, and my first official day at American Expess will be February 6, 2006.

1 comment:

  1. It has been a bittersweet week. Nearly everyone internally has said, "Exelon's loss, but congratulations and what a great opportunity." It has been nice to hear such wonderful feedback.

    I also went over to the AmEx staff meeting yesterday. It was a very positive interaction. They are very much looking forward to me coming on to their staff. Their working environment seems very similar to Exelon.

    ReplyDelete