Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Human Pretzel

Over Christmas, my sister introduced me to the human pretzel exercise otherwise known as Bikram Yoga. I have learned many things from my sister although forms of torture have not been among them in the past. Bikram Yoga consists of 26 postures (including two breathing exercises) twice each within the span of 90 minutes, conducted in a room heated to approximately 105 degrees. In reality, it's like a work out in a claustrophobic, overly-packed, really bad smelling sauna. As I found out Monday morning, this type of Yoga is not for the faint of heart, unless you really faint! Okay, I didn't faint, but had to sit down through a couple of postures. Although, my sister will be really proud that I didn't get stuck in any of the postures. Lest you think I jest, check out some of the Bikram Yoga postures. Well, with that ringing endorsement, I'm sure you're just chomping at the bit to find the nearest class. Never fear, just click here and go to "class finder."

No comments:

Post a Comment