Monday, August 28, 2006

SLOPPY!

During pre-season when your team loses, it's "just pre-season" and when they win it "says something about the upcoming season." In actuality, both are correct. Regardless of a win or loss, it is pre-season. Regardless of a win or loss, it does foreshadow the regular season. Winning teams win...even in pre-season.

What did I see during the Packers pre-season game against Cincinnati so far? In one word: SLOPPY. Offensive line, again, somewhat offensive. Defense, mostly offensive too. Tipped balls, interception and fumble are not going to make this a winning team. As my husband asked earlier this evening, yes, there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

My family has started to give me a hard time. When I watch, the Pack loses. Last week, when the Packers beat Atlanta, I was unable to watch. So, they began to ask me if I would sacrifice watching the games for a Packers' win. I think that's highly unfair!

UPDATE: Suspended.
Game suspended due to threatening weather with 9 minutes left in the 4th. Or perhaps, out of compassion. Thanks for putting us out of our misery!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how you stay up so late and get up so early. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete