Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. First, we spent most of Thanksgiving day with our good friends in Maryland. We flew to Minneapolis in the evening to spend a long weekend with my sister and her husband in their new house; my parents and my brother and his wife. We had Thanksgiving dinner all over on Friday with all of them and my sister's in-laws.

On Saturday, we went to Wisconsin to see my new step-niece, Gracie Marin born in October and step-nephew, Ryan Vincent born in August. I also got to see my Uncle. It was a special visit all the way around!

On Sunday, we went to the church that I grew up in. It was fun to see old friends. We also went to my brother-in-law's restaurant. It was delicious. He made special appetizers, a crab cake with two skewered shrimp with a mango salsa and steamed mussels. My main entree was one of the specials for the evening, penne pasta with shrimp and artichokes in a light cream garlic sauce. He also made special desserts, chocolate mousse, turtle brownie, chocolate crème brûlée and a cranberry/pear cobbler with ice cream.

Despite the Packer loss on Monday, it was fun to watch the game with my sister.

It was a memorable Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment