Saturday, March 03, 2007

Chicken McNugget Saves the Day

Most often, it's the guys who are accused of liking/having/coveting gadgets. I admit that I am a gadget girl. Have gadget; will travel: iPod Nano, BlackBerry, Bluetooth, laptop...

On my most recent business trip, my need-of-gadget almost got me into trouble. On arriving at the airport, I realized that I had forgot my hard token. Not the hard token! Yes, the hard token. A small, thin, oval-shaped piece of plastic, slightly larger than a large chicken McNugget that magically displays a numerical code to access my laptop. Which without it, there's no email, no access to work files, nothing, nada, zip.

After pondering options, which in any superior circumstance at best, would mean no hard token until Tuesday, I asked the cab driver to return all the way home to retrieve the hard token. In all seriousness, it's an irreplaceable item. For instance, if I forget my toiletry kit, underwear, jewelry, all of which I have done at some point in time, I can theoretically stop at some type of store; however, the hard token can not be substituted.

PS - if you're in Miami, I highly recommend China Grill and Mark's South Beach! Yum. Unfortunately, I don't highly recommend the Miami Beach Resort & Spa.

No comments:

Post a Comment