Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Help Wanted

This epitomizes why I am a Green Bay Packers fan. I love that it's the smallest media market to be the home of a North American major professional sports league. I love that the team is publicly owned and that I own one share. I love that I am #56,267 and not #71,500 on the waiting list for season tickets. I love that it is not unusual for fans to designate a recipient of their season tickets in their wills. I love that Brett Favre was named 2007 Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year. But this is the best; I love press releases like this!

Shovelers Needed Wednesday Morning For Lambeau Field Snow Removal
With last weekend's snowfall, the Green Bay Packers are putting out the "help wanted" call to help with snow removal from Lambeau Field.

Ted Eisenreich, the Packers' director of facility operations, is seeking recruits - as many as 300 - to shovel out Lambeau Field tomorrow, Dec. 5, in preparation for the team's game Sunday, Dec. 9, vs. the Oakland Raiders.

He asks all who might be interested in lending a hand to report to the Mills Fleet Farm Gate on Lambeau Field's west side, beginning at 8 a.m. Wednesday and continuing throughout the day.

The Packers will provide shovels to all who come to help.

Shovelers, who need to be at least 15 years old, will receive $8 per hour, with payment to be made immediately upon completion of their work, Eisenreich said.

No comments:

Post a Comment