Sunday, March 02, 2008

One Goat or Two?

From time to time, displayed on my forehead is a sign that says, "Freak Magnet." It occurs at the some of the most inopportune times. I've noticed most often in a cab. Sometimes you can tell immediately. Sometimes it takes at least two seconds.

This past week I was due. It happens about one out of every five cab rides or so.

I opened the door, and had barely even had a chance to sit down when he asked where I was from. That was my first clue. He announced that he was from India, introduced himself and turned around from his front seat to shake my hand. Which then proceeded into a barage of additional questions, such as how long I had been on the east coast, if I had moved here with my family or alone, etc.

My only thought was if I would have been considered one or two goat-worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment