Monday, May 12, 2008

Humbled

I went about today complaining about the rain; that we couldn't golf on Saturday; that the charity golf tournament was canceled today; that I wore my golf outfit to the office, because I didn't know the tournament status before leaving the house; that lunch was never delivered; that my students didn't show up for tutoring; and I'm sure the list is even more extensive.

I return to the office to a message from a friend that has recently found out she was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer called Fibrosarcoma. There is news of many deaths and recent destruction from the cyclone in Myanmar, tornadoes in the Midwest, earthquake in China, and of course that doesn't include many other world events that go unreported, or under-reported.

As always, I'm humbled by my trivial and minor inconveniences. I thank God for my health, my family and friends, and the reminder of what's really important in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment