Wednesday, February 04, 2009

To Friend, or Not to Friend: That is the Question

If you want a really odd experience, join Facebook. Before you know it, you'll have 200 friends and all of your worlds will be colliding. What do I mean? You will be friends with people from:
  • Elementary School
  • High School
  • College
  • Church
  • Professional
  • Actual Friends! forbid
There is no other category other than "friend." At one point, Brian updated his Facebook status with the following:

Besides the category of "Friend", what other categories should FB offer?

Some examples:

"Acquaintance",
"I may know you"
"I-think-I-may-know-you",
"I don't know you, but I'm a facebook floozy and will 'friend' anyone"
"I know you, but I don't like you in real life",
"That was in college, it's all a blur, …. um... Read More…. I may know you"
"No!! That was you! Did you go through rehab?"
"Poured a milkshake on your head in 10th grade, but I'm nicer now"

He's so right.

You will also begin using "friend" as a verb: "Today, I friended Joe."

Stop the madness!

No comments:

Post a Comment