Thursday, September 06, 2007

Are You Ready for Some Football?

Once again, I have agreed to humiliate myself and field a fantasy football team in a friend's league. For Week #1, the Cheeseheads are starting:
QB T. Brady, NE
RB L. Tomlinson, SD
RB D. McAllister, NO
WR S. Smith, CAR
WR L. Coles, NYJ
WR C. Chambers, MIA
TE B. Watson, NE
PK A. Vinatieri, IND
Def Steelers

On the bench:
QB B. Favre, GB
RB M. Barber, DAL
RB A. Peterson, MIN
RB B. Jackson, GB
RB F. Taylor, JAC
WR V. Jackson, SD
WR M. Muhammad, CHI
WR M. Jones, JAC

After Thursday's 2007 game opener between the Colts and the Saints, my score was 14 to 31. Check back for Fantasy Football score updates. I'm hoping to beat last year's record of 4-9-1.

PACKERS UPDATE: First I must start with the Packers. It wasn't the prettiest of games, that's for sure. But, I'll take the win (16-13) against the Eagles to start off the season. If nothing else, it will give their young team some confidence. It's a good start even though they're without Vernand Morency and Greg Jennings. Special teams was almost special, as they contributed to two turnovers that set up 10 points. Also Rookie Kicker Mason Crosby had a 53, 37, and the 42 yard game winner with two seconds left.

On to Fantasy Football, all of my players have played, my opponent still has TE Todd Heap and PK Matt Stover to play on Monday night. So far, my score is 140-106.

TUESDAY UPDATE: I won! At least I won one fantasy football game this year. Final score 140-116. I've also made some roster adjustments. We'll see how the season progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment