Monday, September 03, 2007

Had this been a real emergency ...

I believe I heard a very exciting story this evening at dinner. But I'm not completely sure.

This was because the storytellers, two friends of ours, brought their two daughters, also two friends of ours.

The daughters are a 4 year old ("4 and a 1/2", she's quick to correct), and a soon to be 3 year old. As a side note, when the younger is reminded that her 3rd birthday is next week, she is very excited for as long as 0.7 secs. Then she's on to the next item.

My wife and I had one of the kids on each of our laps, while our taller friends told the story.

Below is a summary of the story, as I heard it:

- - - -

Our neighbor had a burglar ... Brian, Brian, Brian, BRIAN, BRIAN, BRIAN, BRIANBRIANBRIANBRIANBRIAN...(The 4 1/2 yr old was in full Emergency Broadcast Mode. About a foot away from my ear.) ...

We saw the burglars leave their property and we called the neighbors to see if they were ....Your sock's are soooooo BIG that you fall ALL the way to the bottom!! . . . HAHAHAHAHAHHA .....

A couple of days later, the burglars returned and we saw them as they .... BRIAN! BRIAN! BRIAN! ...um....um ....

Then I walked over and moved their getaway veh ..... You are 72 years old. HAHAHAHA !! ...

Two of the burglars escaped on foot when ... Brian, BRIAN, BRIAN! BRIANBRIANBRIANBRIANBRIAN! ... Are you going to the concert? ...

Meanwhile, the third burglar pulled away while I held the burglar's shirt, and ... Brian! Brian! Your neck is SOOO big, ... I mean...... um ... um....

So I had the shirt from the burglar in my hands when the police arrived ....
Your neck is SOOOO tall it goes all the way up THERE! HA HA HA! ......

Eventually, the canine unit came out, sniffed the shirt and took off straight toward the... ...Your hair is so big, it goes from here to THERE! HAHAHAHAHAHA ...

They couldn't find anyone, but the next day the police returned and told us ... BRIAN! BRIAN! BRIAN!...{silence}...

And, surprisingly, the burglar wasn't a 15 yr old, the burglar was ... Brian, Brian, Brian! You have a leaf-shoe! HAHAHA ....

It turns out, she was one of the students from my... BRIAN! BRIAN! BRIAN! Your eyes are THIS big !!... HAHAHAHAHAHA ...

- - - -

Anyway, I think it was a very exciting story and may have had a surprising twist at the end.

However, with certainty, I can report, the test of the Emergency Broadcast Child (EBC) worked perfectly well, and, importantly, had this been a real emergency, I would be instructed that my "head is THIS big! HAHAHAHA..."


Brian


PS. Just so you don't get the wrong idea, the two shorter friends at dinner are some of our favorite Emergency Broadcast Children. We always enjoy seeing the entire family, both sides, the taller and the effervescent.

No comments:

Post a Comment