Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Jamba Juice for Her; Camera Accessories for Him

So to wrap up our weekend in New York, we visited the Museum of Modern Art on Saturday. You will probably remember my parochial view of art from previous posts. I did enjoy several pieces, particularly works by Alexander Calder, Vincent van Gogh and Vasily Kandinsky.

But what was my favorite thing about New York? Jamba Juice. On our way to Little Italy for a late dinner, we chased Jamba Juices, only to get to there just after they closed. (We were successful on Sunday!) Okay, so maybe it wasn't my absolute FAVORITE, but Jamba Juices are far and in between in the DC area, so it's a treat!

On Sunday, we went to electronic (and of course, camera) mecca, aka B&H. It's quite amazing. I'm not sure I've ever seen anything quite like it. There's a constant hum of bins whizzing to and fro along a system of conveyor belts. You are "processed" through a series of steps similar to the Seinfeld soup nazi experience. Select product to buy. Proceed to the cashier. Pay. Proceed to merchandise pick-up where the bin-whizzing culminates with your purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment