Friday, July 11, 2008

Delicate & Refined Expressions

My wife asked me why I shoot continuously sometimes. It's simple really. - I find I can capture certain nuanced, delicate, & refined expressions on my subject's faces. I would have missed those expressions if I were just waiting for the shot.
For example, click on the image series below of my Brother-in-law and his daughter.
Then look at row 4, column 2.
That photo goes into a special collection I'm amassing over the next 15 years.
The collection will be revealed 15 years from now, at the exact moment when my niece's date arrives to pick her up for her high school prom.
The collection is entitled: Photos-to-embarrass-my-niece-when-she's-older.
I reckon, in the 15 years or so, I'll be able to build up quite the collection.
I can't wait to see the delicate & refined expression on her face.

No comments:

Post a Comment