Monday, February 06, 2006

Cardboard...Purple...Elvis

The 6:50 a.m. Delta Shuttle to New York City, new employee orientation, several introductory meetings and the Delta Shuttle home was enough to make my first day, a full one. A poignant moment was viewing the gaping construction site that was once the World Trade Towers directly east of the building. An ever present reminder of 9/11.

The new co-workers I met in New York and my fellow colleagues in Washington are all so very kind, friendly and helpful. This new era seems like it will be a good one.

So, you're asking, what does "Cardboard...Purple...Elvis" have to do with my first day? In the new employee orientation, I learned that one of the first credit cards was actually made out of cardboard, it was purple and was issued to Elvis Presley!

No comments:

Post a Comment