Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Very Un-Washington Like

My United flight from Washington Dulles to Miami was Sunday morning with 13 inches of snow having just fallen, I was more than just a skeptic that my flight would be leaving. Although, after a call to United and constantly refreshing the flight status, my flight said "on time." Brian took me to the airport and my flight boarded on time. Although we waited a little more than an hour for de-icing, we did take off to my amazement and many of my fellow conference attenders. My friends who flew American all had flight cancellations; my United flight was nearly on time. Could the difference be a Chicago-based airline versus a Dallas-based airline? One can only speculate! (PS Lest you think I escaped to a warmer climate...Miami had freeze warnings and barely hit highs in the 60's.)

No comments:

Post a Comment