Saturday, February 04, 2006

"You Can Still Change Your Mind..."

"You Can Still Change Your Mind..." has been the recurring theme for the past two days in the Exelon office. That's because these were my last two days in the Exelon office. They were days filled with mixed emotion, fond farewells and anticipatory excitement.

Thursday was highlighted by a lunch with the entire Exelon office (rare to have us all in one location) where I was presented with a card full of sentiments, a pair of beautiful black pearl earrings and a wall hanging artist sketch of my favorite Green Bay Packer quarterback, Brett Favre. Exelon also hosted a happy hour for me that evening inviting the American Express office; family; friends; and former and current colleagues.

Friday was marked with misty-eyed hugs and "see-you-laters" rather than good-byes. Yet it was a busy day of forwarding contact information, changing passwords and messages, explaining a few instructions, packing the few remaining items, and last but very last my final ExelonPAC newsletter (no easy feat).

I have many thank you cards to write and many Exelon memories to remember. As I expressed in my final note to the Exelon staff, I think it sums it up best, "I cannot begin to describe my gratefulness; it has been a pleasure working with and knowing each one of you. Exelon forever will be one of my fondest memories and I hope that you will promise to stay in touch. Of course, do not hesitate to contact me at any time. Thank you again, for making Exelon a very special place to work."

No comments:

Post a Comment