Thursday, January 24, 2008

The End

I'm fine. Really. OK, I will be fine.

My season recap: no one expected the Packers to come near 13-3, let alone a run at the NFC Championship. So, from that point of view, it was a great season. However, now to have come that close, it's rough. There's never a guarantee that they can come close to that again next season, especially with the tough schedule.

Home/Away: Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Minnesota Vikings

Home:
Atlanta Falcons
Carolina Panthers
Dallas Cowboys
Houston Texans
Indianapolis Colts

Away:
New Orleans Saints
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Seattle Seahawks
Jacksonville Jaguars
Tennessee Titans

This was a quote from Mike McCarthy's final press conference:
(After watching the film, is there anything you would or could have done differently from a strategic standpoint on Sunday?)
Well, personally, I haven't watched the film. I know the coaches have graded the film. We talked about it as a staff. Strategically, I mean, off the top of my head, I would say no. I think anytime you go into a game-plan, you look to put your players in position to be successful. Based on the way the Giants played us, I don't think anything they did was a complete surprise. It was more about execution.

REALLY? Nothing? I know he's not serious, and he just has to say that as the coach. I know, I'm no coach. I'm no player. So, I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one who thinks they played an entirely different game-plan than the other 14 games they won.

As I've said before, no one entity lost this game, you can go down the line: offense, defense, play calling, special teams, Favre's INT. And, I'm taking nothing away from the Giants, they brought their best game. But, as awful as we played, and it was pretty ugly, the score was tied at the end of regulation. We just could not get it done. It was our game to lose. And we let it slip away.

OK, I'm done. This has been cathartic. When does pre-season start?

No comments:

Post a Comment