Friday, January 18, 2008

Game Prediction...7 to 3...Degrees that is

I know predictions aren't worth the paper, or in this case the internet, in which they're written, but a little optimism never hurt anyone!

NFL.com's Pat Kirwan's bottom line:
The Packers can beat you a number of different ways, and they are healthy. The Giants don't have the speed at receiver, and they aren't healthy in the secondary. This game is supposed to be played in frigid conditions, which could affect the play-calling. Favre is superb in home playoff games, and now he faces the best road team in the NFC. It should be a lot closer than the first meeting, but New York's great season comes to an end at Lambeau Field as the Packers win it, 24-14.
Read more

Do I personally have a prediction? I don't have a score in mind. My wish is a Packer's blow out, but I'm realistic enough to think it will probably be a close game. Any team that's been able to get this far in the playoffs is no push over. The Giants have earned this spot as much as any team. I think there are some key match ups. Both teams will be playing in the same weather so I'm not sure I buy into the weather will be a factor storyline. I think turnovers for either team could make a difference. I can only predict that it will be a great game. If tickets fell into my lap to go sit in zero degree Lambeau on Sunday, would I go? There's no question. Where's my cheesehead and hand warmers? GO PACK GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment