Saturday, October 28, 2006

...but later is now!

One of my first birthday presents from Brian was to have two photographs of the Eiffel Tower beautifully framed. They are black and white photos, one taken during the day, one at night. Now, as spectacular as they are, Brian was even more surprised that I guessed what it was with this clue: "you have it, but you cannot use it." I guessed correctly. Alas, that was the last year that I actually received any real clues.

So, at dinner the night before my birthday I asked for a clue and he said we weren't going to be able to do what he'd planned because of the rain. A couple of additional targeted questions almost had me guessing correctly, so much so that there was almost a little white lie, because I was getting a little too close.

At about 12:01 a.m. on my birthday, I told him it was my birthday and I should be able to know what the present was. He said that I should wait until later because I had a lot of time left on my birthday. My prompt response was, "but later is now!" I did opt to wait. Although, I found out a little earlier than had been planned due to a BlackBerry phone mishap!

Anyway, as you can tell, my birthday present is a hot air balloon ride some time when it's not raining!

No comments:

Post a Comment