Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Delay by Shoe

There are no shortages of black tie events in DC. From time to time, staff is needed to fill seats at a charity dinner. Tonight was one of those nights and I drew the short straw. So, after determining that either of the two "little black dresses" that every girl must have in the back of their closet would work, I set out yesterday to find shoes. Going to my favorite shoe warehouse, Off Broadway Shoes, I actually found three pairs including the shoes for tonight's event. After getting my loot home, I pulled out the shoe box only to find that I had grabbed a wrong box and had a duplicate pair of shoes. Of course, the one that I was missing was the pair that I needed tonight. The store did not open until 10 a.m. this morning. Thankfully, it's on the way to the office. The office got a good chuckle out of my delayed arrival due to black tie shoe mishap.

No comments:

Post a Comment